Monday 24 June 2024

Zaccagni & Fratesi

Group B Finale

Albania 0 - 1 Spain

Croatia 1 - 1 Italy

Well I'd be lying if I said I didn't have to rewrite this post. I was into my second paragraph of praising the Croats for their wily experience, and knowing exactly how to manage tournaments when THAT happened. Italy earned themselves a very tasty tie with the improving Switzerland with an absolute peach of a goal at the death. Deserved, on balance, but I really thought Croatia had done enough.

This one was my match choice, with the other game always likely to be a dead rubber, although multiscreen suggested that Albania gave it a really good go. They've been unlucky to be drawn in this group, for sure.

The first half of the Croatia v Italy game was pretty eventless, but I had no regrets, it was always going to be a slow builder. The second half came to life, with both teams threatening more. Croatia looked eager, but once ahead went into yellow card accumulation mode, something I'd have applauded had it come off. They face a nervous but most likely futile wait now to see if they qualify. In the unlikely event they do, pity whomever they play.

Tomorrow is the much awaited return to multiple games and timeslots, I have missed it!

No comments:

Post a Comment