Monday 17 June 2024

Clatch of Mbappe

Austria 0 - 1 France

I spy, with my little eye, a guy who is going to have a nose the size of Dusseldorf tomorrow. Ow ow ow.

Superb game. Austria were superb. High intensity, slick passing, total aggression. They will be devastated not to get a result from that game and I just hope they can retain that energy as they are a team I want to see more of.

France look tasty too. Direct, fast and clearly have a heap of goal in them. I definitely wouldn't fancy being Poland right now, that's for sure.

Despite Austria's great efforts, they could still have lost by more, their backline taking yellow cards on rotation, such was the danger presented by Mbappe, Dembele and Thuram. What a front three that is - although don't be surprised to see more of Giroud whilst Kylian's face heals. 

Speaking of Giroud, if you put Griesman's hair atop Giroud's face, then you have a perfect David Hasselhoff replica, a thought that distracted me greatly during that frantic last ten minutes.

Tomorrow, to finish round one of games we get to see Turkey v Georgia, and Portugal v Czech Republic. By all accounts Portugal are very good right now, so will be interesting to see whether they join my list of likelies which so far includes Germany, Italy, Spain and France.

No comments:

Post a Comment