Wednesday 19 June 2024

Power Cube

Scotland 1 - 1 Switzerland 

Oh , it isn't a European Championship without our diminutive square man Shaqiri. He brought life to an otherwise tense and low quality encounter. Scotland's passing is not on a par with any of the other teams in this tournament. I was asked before the game who I wanted to win. My reflex was "Scotland of course", but after a few moments of reflection, I confessed that the joy I get from watching is usually gained from the football I see on display, and for that reason, the Swiss are a far better investment for the next round. I mean Breel Embolo or Che Adams ffs?!?

Scotland's opener was well worked, but basically from their only incisive passage of play. The equaliser came about from some of their woeful passing, Shaqiri curling an absolute beauty into the top corner. I'm waiting with baited breath to see the newfangled revolution stats on that hit - a Golden Boomerang ™️  award surely awaits.

The game looked like it was going to peeter (is that how you spell it, I think the first time in my life I've written it) out, but Scotland found great energy in the final 30, and pressed well. Switzerland looked to have done some maths and worked out that a draw would see them through, and largely stopped trying. It sets up a big final match for the Scots in a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment