Monday 13 June 2016

Work


The grim realities of adulthood and parenthood hot home today. Normally speaking I would find a way to watch all 3 fixtures on a weekday - whether that be via careful radio silence and recording of games, taking annual leave or some other creative means. But today I was very much unable to watch the first game. 

The annoying 5pm kick off time of the second matches pretty much rules out UK workers from catching the start of games also, it really would have been better for the night games to be back to back at 6 and 8 UK time (7 and 9 French time).

As I gather, Spain were worthy winners and from what I saw of R.O. Ireland vs Sweden, it looked an even contest. Good to see Villa stamping their mark of calamity on the tournament with Clark's nicely taken own-goal. Both those teams are too workmanlike for my liking.



And so with the baby bathed and asleep and the missus relegated to the iPad, I settle down for Belgium against my predicted tournament winners Italy...both teams surely have a good chance.

No comments:

Post a Comment