- Stevie C being back on the blog. I was ploughing a lone furrow through these championships, looking listless and immobile (much like Jack Wilshire) until he showed up. Welcome back into the fold, Stevie.
- England's performance. We have looked excellent, in my opinion, in all 3 group games. Watching us has been relatively fun, and a massive step forward from the 100mph, Hollywood approach that blighted the past, golden-generation of players. If I'd watched Spain or Germany perform like we just have, I'd have them marked down as a real threat, as soon as they find their scoring boots.
- Wales getting through. Their 3-0 win against Russia saw them through as worthy qualifiers for the round of 16.
Things I worry deeply about:
- Wilshire playing any more minutes for our team.
- England facing Ronald-0 and seeing him slap in free kick after free kick to our net, whilst Hart fumbles around on his knees. Ronald-0 winking at the camera in an awful, yet effective, self-parody.
- Football being reduced to a game of 5 minutes duration on the basis that the first 85 minutes are meaningless.